Favorite Locations to Shoot: Jacksonville, FL
When it comes to photoshoots, everyone knows the location is important! It sets the scene for everything. I get asked a lot about good spots to shoot in Jacksonville, so one day I took the time to list all the places I’ve done photoshoots at. It turns out that I’ve shot in over 25 different locations in the city. Yet, there are still a few more locations I haven’t shot at but would love to if given the opportunity. If you’re looking to book a session soon and need some inspiration for a good location, here are just a few and why I loved shooting there.
Arlington Mural – This is probably one of my favorite spots in the city because it’s so colorful and bold! This background gives you so many options and color combinations to work with. If you are looking to do a colorful, fun and bold photoshoot, the Arlington Mural is the perfect spot.
2. Cummer Museum – This spot speaks for itself if you have ever visited the museum and have seen their beautiful garden! I recommend this location for a maternity session or for a couple’s session. The flowers and the greenery make for great backdrops, and there are multiple spots in the garden that provide beautiful scenery.
3. Cowford Co. – If you are looking for a location that gives a more lifestyle feel, then I might suggest Cowford Co. This is a beautiful and homey Airbnb that gets rented out to photographers and creatives all the time. It’s a quaint and cozy space that is perfect for lifestyle photos. I recommend this location for a boudoir session, or even just a fun influencer lifestyle session. It has great inside and outside options for you to use for your shoot. The backyard area can be fun for some outdoor shots as well. I’ve shot there several times with clients as well as a few styled photo shoots with other photographers and creatives. But another plus about this location is that the owners are super sweet and easy to work with!
4. St. Johns Avenue/ Southern Grounds- I love the Avondale area of Jacksonville. The strip of shops on St. John’s Avenue lends itself to a regal and historic feel for a photoshoot. I especially love shooting near Southern Grounds. Their outside seating area is great for a lifestyle photoshoot. The colors are vibrant and inviting. The Avondale area in general has some unique spots that can be used as great scenery for a lifestyle session.
5. Mural Behind Vagabond Coffee in Murray Hill – I love a good mural! I especially love a good vibrant mural for a photoshoot. The mural behind Vagabond coffee is a great spot to do something artistic and fun. The colors are bold, and the pattern screams summer vibes.
6. Citi Bank Trails – This is a location that one of my clients introduced to me, and I have been in love ever since. It’s an outdoor location that you wouldn’t expect to be so beautiful. I loved the seclusion of the area and the greenery that surrounds the trails. It’s one of my favorite tucked away places. Great location for a maternity or engagement session.
These were just a few of my favorites that I wanted to share with you. I might do a part 2 in the future, or I may create a more comprehensive list to share with future clients.
Have you taken photos at any of these locations? Would you like to take photos at any of these locations?
Are there any other locations you might suggest for a good photoshoot? I’m always interested in discovering new spots.
Please leave a comment below and share.